Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Job

wow like seriously wow I thought all the shit that could have happened had already happened but apparently there is more shit. No, diarrhea.
I think this job is completely fucked up and is the working life really like that? or just life in Singapore?

so I betted on my A level results that I washed dishes since the first day of work. then I couldn't take it anymore and brought up this matter to the (not going to use the personal pronoun me here because I really really really don't like her now because yes well... more later)
OK so the first time I told her, I phrased my concern (or complaint if you screw the euphemism) in a diplomatic manner here, directly quote:
Dear (insert supervisor's name here) sorry for disturbing you after work, but is it okay if you rotate out shifts everyday so there is no one permanent dishwasher because now, what I observe it's whoever that takes the initiative will continue to wash and it can be tiring and subsequently affect job performance and hinder the SCC's (student care center) progress. Sorry for repeatedly bringing this matter up but I feel very stressed by it, thank you very much. I know you are also very stressed out by matters from the upper management, so do let me know what else I help with, thank you very much :)

and then she replied with a few lengthy messages about how she took note of that and I'm on the right track and if I have any other observations I should tell her and not keep her in the dark and 'just be u Claudia' ( WOW hypocritical much??) that she appreciates my feedback (hypocritical x2) that how she noticed that she gave staff task and not fulfilled accordingly etc etc ( but obviously she loves them because they are good at sucking up to her)
so it was only that and the next day which she delegated tasks accordingly and I was given other tasks to do other than washing dishes. but I still went to help out la because that was the only time all the staff (including the supervisor washing the dishes and I cannot just do nothing there so I went to help as well) then for the subsequent weeks like wow suddenly I'm back to washing dishes again because some very 'smart' co-workers effectively exempt themselves from this saikung and 'busy' themselves with some other supposedly 'important' matter like coaxing the students to eat their vegetables, disciplining the students and whatever fuck they deem important.
then today, at around 10pm I whatsapped the supervisor again because I really don't think this is fair at all (but life's unfair anyway so whatcha gonna do about it you whiny bitch) and I feel my back breaking so I whatsapped her again:

Me: Can I say something? Please don't be offended or anything, its about washing dishes, because most of the time its (insert another co-worker's name here who'd been washing dishes with me from time to time) washing. Sorry for complaining again but I feel very stressed
Supervisor: Sorry ah..This morning breakfast who do washing...yesterday...J (someone I'm acquainted to for 12 years whom I introduced to the job and I think she's really chao geng) did washing.... ( she has this thing for dots idk why like every message will have lots of this '.........' weird punctuation shit but that's besides the point )
so if you don't want to do it don't do it
Me: Sorry is there a misunderstanding? It's not that I'm not willing to do it but just not everytime that's all
Supervisor: Don't do it anymire If staff start to bring in on this.. not really willingly to do it..being calculative is not the centre (or center please re-learn your primary school English again dear boss) btw...it's up to you to think abt it...
Me: Sorry about this
I know I will improve on myself thanks
                                              *Convo ends because she ignored me after that*
LIKE.
WHAT.
 
because before that she was the one who started going on and on about employment rights in our whatsapp group saying how she kept working overtime (730am-630pm) without overtime pay she even took the trouble to go online to share the link on the whatsapp group with us and then went on to talk about how the upper management is being really unethical and unreasonable and whatnot shit and a few times she talks about how the bosses are being really unreasonable and play the blame game whenever there're problems in the student care
so who's the calculative one here?
wow. seriously this is about proper delegation of work NOT about being calculative or whatnot
bitch if you want to talk about not being calculative why are you talking about getting overtime pay for yourself? wow seriously I learnt it from you my dear boss.
and she can still tell me to budget the groceries I buy for the students (like choose the cheaper alternatives - I pointed out to her we were using some ulu brand shitty full cream milk from Uruguay that costs $1.25 from the ABC thrift shop and she said it's ok the kids only drink it once a week for their breakfast cereal. and only small quantities are added into the milo) 
then when I upgraded to milk to Magnolia low fat she says something along the lines of we have to budget, really, we got not enough everything is from my own wallet I need to reimburse back...
wow what happened to being not calculative????? then you don't reimburse back lor since you're so full of that holier-than-thou attitude
while you're at that why don't you sleep in the student care as well there're sleeping bags for you anyway. and a fridge you can freely use and showers in the girls' toilet too then you can work 24/7 and clear up your work in advance for the same amount of pay
and what else huh. don't eat your lunch and wash dishes than wipe the windows and tables and shelves and sweep and mop the floor since the students always mess up everything after you've cleaned it you can do that all over again
well since it's your 'center's forte' to not be 'calculative'
then don't complain about working unpaid long hours
don't complain about paying upfront for the student care center's expenses
don't fucking complain
if you're going to tell me not to be calculative
then I asked her about my salary a few times because it was not banked in so what now I'm being calculative too?? so you want to try working for free la bitch you wanna try
try doing CIP here it's helping the kids of disadvantaged families anyway I'm sure your holier-than-thou attitude works best here
 
 
=.= fuck this shit I'm just going to sleep
maybe the purpose in life is to sleep forever
 
 
 

No comments: